Time to break up?
When you start your remortgage, it’s natural to have anxiety about the process. What actually happens? Well, hopefully we can shed some light on the process of remortgaging once we’ve found you the right deal.
These are the key things that happen when you find a new mortgage lender through Habito (apart from saving money).
- You get your property valued.
- You submit your mortgage offer through Habito.
- Once your case is agreed you will receive a mortgage offer from the lender to confirm you are ready to transfer your mortgage.
- Once that’s done, the solicitor will handle the transfer of deeds from one lender to another. They transfer money and deeds.
- At completion, a letter will be sent through for you to sign.
- You will receive a letter from the new lender confirming that your mortgage has been transferred. Your new mortgage payment will be taken based on your requested date and account details.
That’s all. And we can help you through the entire process starting with Mortgage Calculator, which shows you how much you can potentially save. If you’re looking to change your mortgage terms, we have several detailed blog posts. We have a guide to moving your mortgage, and when to start looking to remortgage.