Habito is a new type of lender. We’re out to change the game for customers and brokers, by using technology to make getting a mortgage faster, simpler and more certain.
We use automated checks to speed up our underwriting process and instruct the valuation on the day the application is submitted - this means we can aim to get an offer in days rather than weeks
Take a look at our solicitors panel here.
If you want to add a solicitor to our panel please email us at [email protected] with your solicitor or conveyancer’s details, and we’ll add them to our list. Please note that we will need some additional information from them, and it can take time to receive this, so adding your solicitor to our panel may delay submitting your application.
Fees, payments and cashback
Proc fee payments will be made by the end of the first week that follows the calendar month of completion. Let’s say completion happens on 15 October, the proc fee will be paid by 6 November.
All our fees are refundable, but only up to certain points in the process.
- The valuation fee is refundable until the valuation happens. If you need to cancel the valuation, please give at least 24 hours’ notice.
- The product fee and funds transfer fee are refundable until completion. After your customer completes, these can’t be refunded.
- Here’s the customer information pack which includes our Ts&Cs, tariff of charges, Direct Debit guarantee, complaints procedure and privacy notice. This has to be given to customers when their application is submitted.
- Here’s the gifted deposit form which has to be completed if the customer has a gifted deposit.
- Here’s the portfolio checker which let’s you check that the customer’s portfolio schedule is within policy.
- Here’s the direct debit mandate, where direct debit details can be filled out (they can also be given over the phone).
We’ll tell you exactly what documents we need when you submit an application, and give you a link to upload them securely.
We use Google to ensure that we can collect your client’s documents securely. You will need to sign in with a Google account to upload documents, but we do not collect your email address.
You do not need a Google email address to create a Google account, and can use an existing email address if you prefer. To create a Google account, click here
We’ve given the typical decision in principle an upgrade – a Habito Instant Decision is everything a decision in principle is, but more accurate and more certain. We run all of our lending rules upfront which makes it more thorough and more certain from the outset, without having to do a hard credit check.
Decision in principle Habito Instant Decision Basic affordability check Basic credit check Comprehensive affordability and credit checks Comprehensive eligibility check Automated property valuation Identity check
If you’re on our panel, you can run an Instant Decision before you submit an application by logging in.
Once you pass Instant Decision (congrats!), you'll be able to submit a full application with confidence.
If you're on our panel, you can submit an application through our portal by entering the login token you were given (if you've forgotten your token, let us know at [email protected]).
Once you're logged in, you can get started by running an Instant Decision:
- Choose the product you're applying for - we can be found in popular sourcing systems like Mortgage Source by 27Tec and Trigold by IRESS
- Fill out and run our Instant Decision form
- Add in a few more details, and pay any product or valuation fees that apply
- Submit your application
- Finally, send over the required documents using the link provided in the portal - we'll tell you what specific documents we require
For Portfolio applications, you’ll need to fill out our portfolio checker which allows you to check that the customer’s portfolio schedule is within policy.
Once this is sorted, you can start an application by choosing ‘portfolio’ as the application type.
We aim to get your client to offer in less than 10 days and will keep you updated as the case progresses but if you have any questions or issues, please contact us at [email protected] or call our intermediaries team on 0330 818 0355.
Any documents can be uploaded via the link provided. Please don’t include customer information or documents in emails.
We are working hard to build case tracking functionality into our portal and this will be available very soon.
Copies of the mortgage illustration and offer will be sent to both you and your client.
We’re building stuff right now that will allow you to access all documents given at offer through our portal - it’ll be available very soon.